Basic Information about Rhinocort Nasal Spray
Rhinocort nasal spray is used to treat the symptoms of seasonal or perennial allergy centered in and around the nose, eyes and mouth, helping to relieve sneezing, runny or stuffy nose, itching and swelling. Naturally, Rhinocort should only apply into the nose to deliver its effects. This medication may be used by children who are at least 6 years old.
Rhinocort contains budesonide - a corticosteroid or simply "steroid" for short, used to suppress present allergy symptoms. These symptoms may be triggered by a variety of causes, including seemingly harmless things or products in the household or environment, and can originate in different parts of the body. As the body tries to repel the substance that is causing an allergic reaction, it produces an effect called inflammation - swelling, reddening, increase in temperature, or irritation of the cells affected by the allergen. Among other things, steroids carry an ability to suppress the inflammatory reaction of the body, allowing a swift relief of allergy symptoms. When applied nasally via a spray, the steroid budesonide will immediately reduce the inflammation of tissues inside the nose. One important aspect should be noted before you decide to buy Rhinocort online - steroids are not meant to be used to relieve allergy and inflammation symptoms long-term. If your condition forces you to constantly use Rhinocort or other similar drug, you may develop unpleasant side effects from long-term steroid overuse. In this case it is best to consult your physician and ask for an alternative method of treatment.
Instructions on How to Use Rhinocort
The basic recommended dosage of Rhinocort spray to treat nasal allergies for adults and children over 6 years old is 1 spray in each nostril once a day. This dosage may be adjusted based on the severity of your allergies, your personal and medical condition (age, weight, other conditions you may have), and any other drugs you may be taking. The maximum daily dose of Rhinocort for adults is 4 sprays in each nostril once a day; the maximum dose for children is 2 sprays in each nostril once a day.
There are several important details about the treatment with Rhinocort:
* Shake the bottle of Rhinocort before each use.
* In order to maximize the effectiveness of Rhinocort, blow your nose before using it. Insert the spraying tube into the nostril, gently breath in and push on the bottom of the bottle with your thumb while giving support with your index and middle finger to the handles at the other side. Try not to breathe in too deep to avoid getting the drug inside your throat or mouth.
* It may take up to 2 weeks of daily application until your symptoms begin to improve. When you buy Rhinocort online, depending on your designated dosing schedule 1 bottle of this medication may not be enough to last for 2 weeks of treatment.
* Store the bottle in an upright position to avoid clogging of the spraying tube.
Rhinocort Important Safety information
Be sure to mention to your doctor if you have any of the following:
- An ongoing or chronic infection (herpes, tuberculosis, etc.);
- Sores, ruptures, ulcers, or other injuries inside the nose;
- If you never had chickenpox and/or measles and had not been vaccinated against them;
- Any allergies (including food, dye, or preservative);
- Recent facial injury or nasal surgery;
- Glaucoma or cataracts;
- Liver disease;